Monday, February 14, 2005

Romantic English

A website dedicated to collecting and sharing humorous English mistakes released the *Top 10 Romantic Mistakes* from students learning English.

"Any of us learning a new language is going to make a lot of mistakes, and a few are going to be funny enough to pass around," said Bryant Oden, creator of InnocentEnglish.com, in a news release. "

In honor of Valentine's Day, we share with you the...

Top 10 Most Romantic Lines From New English Language Students


10. I fell in love with her the first time I sawed her.

9. He had such a worm heart.

8. We were two sheeps passing in the night.

7. We have hated each other for so long. I want to borrow the hatchet.

6. My dentist makes me blush twice a day.

5. I don't know if he will propose, but I am expecting.

4. I have something exciting to tell you. My girlfriend and I got enraged last night!

3. The groom was wearing a very nice croissant.

2. He lifted the veal off her face and gave her a big kiss.

1. I think she is really glad she got marinated.



~ Innocent English ~

Other innocent mistakes documented on the site includes:


Recipes: Next, chop all the vegetarians into little pieces.

Health: It is dangerous to smoke while you are becoming pregnant.

Sports: It was so exciting to watch! The cheerleaders threw up high into the air.

Politics: The President got off the plane and gave a big kiss to the first ladder.

Grammar: Should I have a coma in the middle of this sentence?

Music: When he was through singing he had a standing ovulation.

Food: Do you like this food? I made it from scratching!

Parents: My bed has three blankets and a large guilt my parents gave me.

Weather: Rain makes old cars lust. So be careful about that. Once a car starts lusting, there's no way to stop it!

Travel: You can't sleep with me because it is too crowded. But you can probably sleep with my sister. That's what most of my friends do when they visit.

No comments: